Grocery Store Delivery and Senior Shopping Information
Washoe County Senior ‘take-out’ meal sites
- The Washoe County Senior Center on 9th Street will serve take-out meals weekdays from 11:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. All other locations will operate weekdays from 11:45 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- You MUST register ahead of time. Call Washoe 311 or visit Washoecounty.us to do so.
Washoe County Meals on Wheels program
- The Meals on Wheels program will continue to deliver food to over 1,100 homebound seniors. Food personal will wear gloved during delivery.
- To sign up call Washoe 311 or visit Washoecounty.us
Smith’s Senior Hours
Smith’s Food and Drug locations in Reno, Carson City and Dayton will be open ONLY for seniors, 60 years and over, from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Whole Food Markets
- All Whole Foods Markets will only allow service for seniors daily for one hour before opening for the general public.
- Click here to check for the store’s updated hours.
Dollar General is ‘strongly encouraging’ the first hour of store opening is dedicated solely for the shopping needs of seniors. Stores will also close one hour early for cleaning and restocking.
Target will reserve the first hour of shopping each Wednesday at stores nationwide for vulnerable guests –including elderly and those with underlying health concerns.
From March 24 through April 28, Walmart stores will host an hour-long senior shopping event every Tuesday during the first hour for customers aged 60 and older. Includes Pharmacies and Vision Centers.
Costco will offer two seniors-only hours from on Tuesday and Thursday of next week from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.
Smart and Final
Smart and Final will only allow seniors to shop for an hour beginning at 7:30 a.m.
Free grocery delivery service for seniors. Click Here.
(775) 883-6262 Service Desk extension 1
6 am. – 9 a.m. Tuesdays & Thursdays senior shopping
Store Manager is “Tracy” – you can call and ask for help
6 am. – 9 a.m. Tuesday & Thursday senior shopping
Store Manager is “Amy”
8 am. – 9 a.m. daily for seniors
No delivery option
No special hours
Special Bag Deals for pick-up $20 and $35 for essentials
Smith’s Food and Drug
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 7 a.m. – 8 a.m. senior shopping